Today in this article we will tell you about Web 3.0. What is Web 3.0? Benefits of Web 3.0? What is the difference between Web 1.0, Web 2.0, and Web 3.0? What is the decentralized web? How does this work? How can we use it? And so on. In this article, you will get complete information related to Web 3.0. I hope you will like it.
With the passage of time, things keep changing and updating in their best form, when it comes to technology, it is an area in which changes are constantly happening. Ever since we started using the Internet, it has seen a lot of changes till date and it is getting more advanced from time to time.
If we talk about the web, then it is such a part of the Internet, with the help of which we are able to find most of the things in today’s time. In recent months, we have got to see the next generation of this web i.e. Web3.0, with the help of which more advanced things will be seen on the internet in the coming time.
What is the Web?
What is Web 3.0? Before understanding it, we understand its old version, which makes it easy to understand. The Internet works in such a way that whenever you search for anything on Google and then visit a website, the website’s data comes from its servers to your phone or computer’s browser.
After this we see the page of that website, now the technology that works behind this whole system is called the web. Over time, this technology has been upgraded to its new features, formerly known as Web 1.0 and Web 2.0.
What is Web 1.0?
The Internet started with its first version 1.0, it started in 1989, with web 1.0 we got many simple features.
If we talk, the user could read the web page only by visiting the website, and could not do any other activity other than looking at the page.
If we look at today’s technology then it is nothing, but at that time only browsing web pages and only reading information was considered a big thing in the world of the internet.
What is Web 2.0?
This is the second generation of the Internet, about 15 years after the arrival of Web 1.0, in the year 2004, we got to see its updated version as Web 2.0.
The biggest upgrade of Web 2.0 was that the user could interact with the content of any website. Like commenting on a website, creating an account and publishing something yourself, etc.
For example, you can write your comment by going to the comment box of this blog post which will be visible to other users as well. If you want, you can publish things by yourself by creating accounts like Facebook, Instagram, Quora etc.
Web 2.0 has made the Internet much better and easier for people to use technology. With its help, you can buy and sell things on the e-commerce platform, as data exchange has become very easy. All the blogs/websites you see in today’s time are being used in the version of Web 2.0 only.
What is Web 3.0?
You must have got some information about both the above technologies (Web 1.0 and Web 2.0), now let’s talk about Web 3.0 which is more advanced than them.
Web 3.0 is a decentralized system and this technology works on Blockchain technology. In this, our data does not exist on a single server, but is divided into many nodes around the world, these are the nodes that store our data in the blockchain.
And it is almost impossible to hack, the same technology which we have been using till now in the form of a centralized server, it can be hacked easily.
The biggest advantage of a decentralized system is that it is not controlled by any company. In this, we have complete control over our own data, if companies like Meta, Google, and Amazon want to use our data, then first they have to take permission from us.
It will change a lot in the coming time, although its direct effect is not going to affect any user so soon. But it has some features which are very important in today’s time and the main ones are security and a decentralized web. The decentralized web is going to play a huge role in today’s times, as it will help blockchain technology work.
What is a Decentralized Web?
Whatever webpage we read or see on the Internet, it is present in some server somewhere. When a user requests to access that data, that data is sent through that server to your phone via the Internet Service Provider.
Now if we put any interruption between this server and your smartphone then the data cannot come to your phone. Because only one server exists, it becomes impossible to access the data in case of any error.
In decentralized web data exists on thousands of servers not on one server, if a user requests for any data, for any data, the data is delivered from the server closest to him. If the data exists in more than one place, it will be difficult for hackers to hack and delete it, as a copy of it will be available on the rest of the server.
It is no longer the case that any data in more than one place can be accessed by anyone, this data is completely encrypted, which is of no use even if it is in one’s hands until it is returned. Do not decode.
And it consists of multiple layers of encryption, making it nearly impossible to know the true form of the data.
What are the advantages of Web 3.0?
As we have talked about some of its benefits above, but if we talk about other benefits then below are some such benefits which make it special –
- With its help, the Internet can be used in different ways.
- Web 3.0 will prove to be very helpful in enhancing internet security.
- It is also very beneficial for AI i.e. Artificial Intelligence, with the help of which the user will be able to interact with technology in a new way.
- In this technology, the data will be present on more than one server, so there will be no worries about losing or erasing the data, not only that, multiple layers of encryption are used to protect this data, which is a great one. Convenience for privacy.
- With the help of Web 3.0, if you put any content on the Internet, you will get a unique token, which will give you the owner of that content and also the path to access it.
- In this technique you will have full rights over your content, companies like Google, Facebook, and Twitter will not be able to remove your content of their own free will.
- Whatever you have uploaded or created here and becomes available on the internet, no one will be able to remove it and it will be immortal forever.
What is the difference between Web 1.0, Web 2.0, and Web 3.0?
|WEB 1.0||WEB 2.0||WEB 3.0|
|Read Only Static||Read And Write Interactive||Read And Write Interactive|
|Read And Write Interactive||In-Game Purchases||Read-Write-Trust|
|Images Based Searches||Referrals||UI And Service Layers|
|Web Portals ANd Directories||Subscription Content||Tokenization|
|Walled Gardens||App Store||Stabilizing Tokens Inflow|
|Software Licenses||Saas, Social Media||Governance of Tokens|
|Proprietary Hardware||Pay Per Click / Impressions||Blockchain-Based|
How to use Web 3.0?
- Web 3.0 has arrived, and you can see its usage in some places like – Blockchain technology is used behind it to buy and make NFTs.
- In today’s time some top level domains like .nft, .crypto with extensions like .crypto can be registered in your name forever with just one time fee.
- Till now, after registering the domain, its fee had to be paid every year, the reason behind this is that in return for this fee, big companies used to recognize the registration done by us.
- Now because with the help of blockchain and decentralized systems this data is not going anywhere and can be easily verified.
- This is the reason that in today’s time we are getting to see such technology, there is a need to change ourselves with the times and technology is giving us full support in this change. We hope that in the coming time it will bring a pleasant experience for humans.
What is Web 3.0? What are its benefits? I hope you liked this article of ours. If you liked the article, please share this article with all your friends on social media, and help them.